Sunday, November 23, 2008

Almost Done - Holiday Hostess Apron Swap


Well, I'm almost done with my Holiday Hostess Apron. It will be mailed out on Monday. The bottom half is from a pattern Sharon posted on her blog. The wrap top is from a pattern I have for a dress / shirt (can do either) but have never used. I'm notorious for (1) not following directions (wonder where my 6-year-old gets that from) as well as (2) trying out new things and (3) 'winging' it.

My partner liked red. She also said she would like a full apron. Some full aprons I love and fit great - others not so great. So - I wanted to give my partner the option of having a full or half apron. The bottom half can be worn alone. The top can be put on if she chooses. I really wish I owned a bedazzler right now. I think the wrap top is screaming for bling! Must find something fun to add to the top.

Any suggestions? A poinsettia pin perhaps?

The other thing I like about this apron is it can be used for multiple holidays. Christmas, Valentine's Day, Redhead Day, Lief Erikson Day, etc.

2 comments:

jillytacy said...

It looks fabulous. Red is my favorite color too but since I didn't join the swap it's not for me. I think a poinsettia pin would be perfect. How about a matching fabric headband too? I'm sure she's going to love it!

Sharon Sews said...

Adorable! I just finished my apron for the swap this morning. I think the poinsettia pin would be a good addition, or even a sparkly snowflake. Oh, and I'm glad to see the vintage apron pattern I posted actually sewn up :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails