Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Skirt Number Two


I made myself another skirt from sew what! SKiRTS. This time I made Nature's Child. It said to use the directions for an A line skirt. I looked through the book and bingo! The wrap skirt was made following those directions. I could just use the pattern I already created. Ummmm - wrap skirts have extra fabric, because they wrap around you - so you don't suffer a wardrobe malfunction like being unwrapped by a strong wind. I realized this after I cut my pieces out, sewed them together and tried on the skirt tube. I had to pin the sides down and resew it. But - it came out fabulous if I do say so myself. The ruffle makes the skirt heavier - wasn't prepared for that. I will guess it is because it is a linen fabric and not a cotton and I used a lot of material because I wanted a really full ruffle. I don't have a ruffle foot so I had to do the machine basting - and then I broke the one thread and had to do it a second time. I put a zipper in on the side using a tutorial with real photos (real photos make all the difference to me when learning how-to do something). Can't wait to make another one - this time I will actually make a pattern.

1 comment:

mysteryhistorymom said...

PLease send me your mailing address and your daughter's names and ages so I can get them paired up with their swap partners!:-)

Kid's Summer Swap!

Lori
toosillysisters@cox.net

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails