Sunday, July 6, 2008

BTRS Swap - Place Mats


BTRS Swap photo 1
Originally uploaded by bethvanduzer

I joined the Bend The Rules Sewing Swap. We were each sent a partner that provided us with information on what she would like for a place mat and napkin set.

My partner said her kitchen was black, yellow & blue. After visiting three fabric stores and purchasing four other fabrics that almost fit the bill I found this Alexander Henry fabric. It has blue, yellow, and black (the stems - they're black, right?). And - it's Alexander Henry. I love this fabric. I have seen it used a lot but I still smile every time I see it. I hope my swap partner likes this.

I started with my place mats first. It's a good thing I did. I couldn't seem to get the binding to work quite right so I opted for ric rac. I've gotta admit - I think I like the ric rac better so I'm glad I used it.

I liked making the napkins (these are reversible) and the criss cross coasters better than the place mats. They seemed to provide faster gratification. Actually, after making the reversible napkins I wished I had made my place mats the same way. And - I think a smaller print fabric would work better with the coasters. Other than that they were totally fun.

I'm done with this and will mail it off to my partner tomorrow along with a favorite summer recipe.

3 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

What a talent you have!! I love this set! Your partner is going to be so thrilled!!! Lori

Cleary (Cie) said...

Beth,
I got them in the mail yesterday...Thankyou so much I love them. Also, I wanted to let you know that the placemats and stuff I'm making is going somewhere else, I'm not sure who is sending to you. Thankyou for likeing the ones I made.
Huggs,
Cleary

Sherry said...

I love the little coasters you made! They are so cute and clever!!

The placemats you received are really pretty!

Check out my blog if your interested, I just found 6 giveaways over the next few days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails