Sunday, March 23, 2008

Special Visitor

Last year around this time we had a wood duck in our chimney. Over the seven years that we have lived in our home we have seen hawks, turkeys, and turkey vultures in our yard. Today, there was a new bird.

Say hello to the seagull that was on our back deck. I ran up to the third floor to grab my camera and saw him on our roof. I have never seen a seagull around here before - we live near a swampy area, not the ocean. Of course, I opened the window and grabbed a photo before he flew away.

I also made two fabric eggs for the easter baskets. The one on the left was my first attempt at the pattern I downloaded from Sew Mama Sew. It kind of looks like a cross between a ball and a hacky sack. If you look closely you can see the quarter that is in the hidden pocket. The egg with the chicken print was my second (and much eggier) attempt.

Hope everyone had a great easter!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails