Friday, March 7, 2008

Crayon Roll

I found the link to this crayon roll tutorial from the Sew Mama Sew website. The tutorial is easy and the crayon roll makes great gifts and is a great way to use cute kid fabric that I buy on impulse but never quite know what to do with it once I get it home.

I did change a few things. I actually think making it a half inch wider on all sides would be good since I am doing a decorative stitch around the outside instead of a straight stitch. Also, I close up the gap where the roll is turned inside out with some stitch witchery. When I do it without fusing the seams together I always seem to get puckering or part of the seam just doesn't seem to sit quite right. And, I can't do a decorative stitch.
And fray block on the ends of the ribbon is absolutely needed. The first ones I did for my daughters are all frayed. This will be off to a birthday girl tomorrow - hope she likes it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails