Sunday, April 13, 2008

It's A Wrap!


Last night I finished sewing a skirt for me. This is the first thing I have ever made myself. I'm really happy with it - even though, as I was about three-quarters of the way through, I realized I hadn't placed my pattern pieces on the fabric the way the book told me to. Oh well. I still think the skirt came out great and can't wait to make another one, following the directions better this time! The pattern is from sew what! SKiRTS. I really like the book since it allows you to use your measurements to create a pattern. I drew my pattern on freezer paper so I could use it again.

While I was sewing the skirt my children decided to go through my purse and discovered my lipstick. My husband sent them up to find me.

She's doing her best Project Runway model pose. If you look to the right of daughter #1 you will see the skirt on the ironing board in the background.

By the way daughter #2 has applied her lipstick we think she is channeling the spirit of her late paternal grandmother.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails