Friday, March 22, 2013

Simplicity 1716



Simplicity 1716 is my new favorite shirt pattern. I have made five of them with $1.99 / yard fabric from Fabric Mart Fabrics. (three of the five happen to be shades of green - not sure how that happened) I used Sharon's pivot-and-slide FBA method and have to say - the shirts fit fabulously!  I was going to stop making them but (1) we are supposed to get more snow again next week - so it's still cold here in New England and (2) ummm - how did I only sew with the greens? Must get a few other colors into my closet.  (3) the blue one is not wearable - I cut the fabric the wrong way so the stretch is going the wrong way.  Sigh.

I haven't hemmed any of the sleeves yet.  I'm trying to decide if I want to put a contrasting color on the shirt or not.  I'm thinking I'll just hem them and be done with them.  I'll put the remainder of the shirts on Wanda and post photos on Flickr.
 
 Best part - I received my Travel Smith catalog and saw the same shirt (sleeveless) for $89.  Mine cost way less. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You got a big saving making your own dress, instead of buying it for $89 dollars. You've used your talent very well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails