Thursday, March 25, 2010

New Ironing Board Cover

I made a new ironing board cover today. I saw this posted via my Craft Gossip email and said - I can do that. So, I did.

The fabric and batting were from my stash. The top fabric (it is a reversible ironing board cover but I did not take a photo of the other fabric) is "go for baroque" from Alexander Henry. The hardest part was pushing a safety pin with elastic all the way around the cover. It made my fingers sore.

What I want to do as a finishing touch, to make sure the cover stays snug, is to add some straps to the back of the cover. I must say, it fits way better than my old.

Off to iron fabric for another project!

1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

It looks great, Beth! Thanks for posting - it's fun to see someone else's creation from my tutorial!


Related Posts with Thumbnails