Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Resolution


Some call them goals. Others call them resolutions. I sat down and thought about what I wanted to do this year and realized it doesn't matter what I call it. For me it all comes down to organization.

I need to organize myself better. It's oh so easy to become disorganized. So, my goal, to organize my home and life and most importantly to keep it organized.

And, on the sewing front, aside from the organization of the sewing room (see above photo of floor during Craft Fair / Christmas sewing):
1) to break out of my rut in using only 100% cotton fabric - corduroy and knit - here I come!
2) to sew a purse, no make it two purses
3) to make more than two clothing items for ME (aprons won't count)
4) to have more patience when teaching my children to sew
5) to participate in one of Wondermommy's sew along's during the actual sew-along
6) sew grandma's quilt tops
7) make a quilt for each girl with their baby clothes
8) embroider some of the kid's artwork to make into a quilt or wall hanging

Now I just need to print this up and tape it where I can see it so I don't come back to it in December wondering where all my time went.

Do you have any resolutions?

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Sounds like some wonderful set of goals for the year!

Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

We have about the same goals. I've been wanting to embroider some of my children's artwork, too. I'll hound you until you participate during the sew-a-long :) Have a great year!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Happy New Year! We're back from Florida with TONS to blog about! While I was gone I made a list of things that I want to do in my lifetime instead of a list of resolutions... It really makes you think. Organization would be a HUGE help to me, though! Missed you! Lori

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Happy New Year! I love the previous post with all the completed projects from '08! Great goals--I like calling them that instead of resolutions!!

Keri said...

Baby clothes quilts are such a good idea. I've seen one before and I thought it was adorable. Good luck with your goals for 2009! Happy New Year!

YayaOrchid said...

I'd also like to be more organized. The more we do, the more clutter.

P.S. I had to let you know you've been 'tagged'. Pls visit my blog for details.

annamae said...

isn't goal setting wonderful! I hope it goes well and you can look back at a year of accomplished goals as well as all kinds of other accomplishments to boot. It's a whole long year, just imagine what you can do with it! :)

Heather said...

Sounds like you are organized. It is in my plan as well, but when my 15 month old gets into the fabric stash. . . hmmm. Quilting is on my list, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails